If you have questions or concerns about registration, contact the Registrar's Office by phone at (207) 893-7797.
Spring 2014 Course Registration *NEW!!*
This web site will give you all the information you need for a successful registration.
All you need to know to register for Spring 2014 semester classes.
Please follow this advice to ensure your registration for the Spring 2014 semester classes goes smoothly.
Your Spring 2014 Registration will be by appointment on the second floor lounge in Alfond Hall, opposite the elevators. Plan to register at your appointment time or as soon as possible after your appointment (if a class conflicts) to gain your highest priority in course selection.
Out of fairness to all, no early registrations will be accepted. At this registration, students whose last name begins with the letter "H" have the highest priority in course selection within their class. At future registrations, the highest priority letter will be changed to ensure that, over time, students will have an appointment in the first, second, third and fourth quarters of his/her class.
In preparation for Registration by Appointment:
- Review the Spring 2014 course offerings in light of your major and minor requirements, as well as your progress towards satisfying the general education requirements.
- Review the Faculty Advising Schedule and make necessary arrangements to ensure a timely meeting with your advisor.
- Select a "first choice" schedule of courses to meet your requirements. For each course, choose alternatives to be used in the event of closed courses. If your major requires a specific course (by course number) this Spring, do not schedule a replacement. Rather, discuss this with the person processing your registration.
- Meet with your faculty advisor and complete the registration form. Both you and your advisor must sign the registration form (even if you are pre-registered in all your courses). WE WILL BE UNABLE TO ACCEPT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM WITHOUT THE SIGNATURES.
- NURSING STUDENTS: ALL Nursing students must meet with their faculty advisor and get their signatures on the completed registration form prior to coming to registration. This policy applies to all Nursing students - even if they do not wish to make any changes to their pre-registered schedule.
- Attend Registration on the date and time of your appointment (or at any time after that date/time). Do not miss class to register, but register as early as you can to gain the highest priority in course selection available to you. Remember that courses will fill up and be closed to future enrollments as Registration proceeds.
- If you are unable to make your appointment, leave your Registration form (with required signatures) at the Registrar's Office. Your choices will be entered at your appointment time (remember to choose alternates in the event of closed courses). Once registered, your class schedule for the Spring 2014 semesters can be accessed via MyWebServices.
Students in selected majors will be pre-registered into required major courses (only) in order to guarantee seating in those courses. Please check MyWebServices to see if you have been pre-registered into courses for the Spring 2014 semester. Students are reminded to list these courses on their registration form.
Other important dates
The last day to drop a class for the Fall 2013 semester without academic penalty is 4:30pm on Friday, November 1, 2013.
The Thanksgiving recess begins after the last class on Tuesday, November 26, 2013. Classes resume on Monday, December 2, 2013.
The last day of classes in the Fall 2013 semester is Friday, December 6, 2013.
Final Exams will be held December 9-12, 2013. (In the event finals are cancelled due to snow, they will be made up on Friday, December 13, 2013)