If you would like to receive updates on Saint Joseph's College of Maine's pool schedule, please join our mailing list.
Private lessons and advanced private lessons for tri-athletes are available through the Aquatics Office. For more information and/or scheduling, please contact the Aquatics Office at 893-6669 or SJCaquatics@sjcme.edu.
Private Aqua Fitness instruction available for beginners and those of you who want to kick it up a notch.
Red Cross Classes: Learn to Swim schedule
Tuesdays: 4/7 – 5/12 (no class 4/21)
1:30 - 2:15pm $75
Tuesdays: 4/7 – 5/5
5;00 – 5:30pm $58
Parent / Child
5:45 – 6:30pm $75
This is a great clinic for every swimmer, beginner to triathlete….. swimmers are divided into appropriate groups… and you can help direct what you learn.
- Stroke improvement
- Starts and turns
- Training sets
- Pace clock
Swim Lesson Guidelines
What to bring:
Bathing suit, towel, goggles, water bottle, Snack and flip flops (optional).
How to register:
Use the online registration form at top of page or email Lisa Pardi firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A $15 administrative fee will be charged for changes or withdrawals.
- Withdrawal requested over 48 hours prior to the first lesson may be refunded 50% of the registration fee.
- Withdrawals requested less than 48 hours prior to the first lesson will NOT be issued refunds.
Closings & Class Cancellations:
- Saint Joseph’s College does not offer make-up swim lessons for individual absences.
- The Alfond Pool may be required to close due to unforeseen circumstances, including but not limited to weather conditions. Should this occur, you will be contacted as soon as possible with your options.
Showers / Hair:
- Soapy showers are required prior to swimming in the Alfond Pool.
- Swim caps are not required; however your hair must be put up in a bun or braid if long enough to do so.
Health Related Issues:
To prevent the spreading of illnesses, your child should not attend lessons if:
- He / She has had a fever within the last 24 hours
- He / She has had diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- He / She has vomited in the last 24 hours
- He / She has green/yellow discharge from the nose
- Children 6 years and older must change in the gender appropriate locker room.
- Please use discretion when bringing children of the opposite sex into the locker room with you. The staff is available to assist if you need help. Please respect the rights and privacy of others. If you feel an older child is in the wrong locker room, please report it immediately to the supervisor on duty.
- When children are participating in a program, a parent or guardian must remain on the premises unless otherwise noted.
- After registering online, you will be notified of placement. Once contacted, payment in full will be required to hold your spot. To make a payment, call 207-893-6669 to pay over the phone with a debit/credit card. Payment may also be made in the Aquatics Office Monday-Thursday 9am – 3pm.