The Fuller Fellowships offer undergraduate students the opportunity to participate in laboratory research with accomplished investigators and receive a stipend of $4,500.
Upon selection, Fellows are placed at leading New England institutions, such as teaching
hospitals, universities, and medical schools. Fellowships last a minimum of ten weeks and are
equivalent to full-time summer employment. Sponsors assign projects to the Fellows under
their direction, with guidance provided by the sponsor's research staff. The Fuller Committee,
which is composed of senior scientists, chooses and places the Fellows.
- Applicants must be residents of New England (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, or VT) who are enrolled in a four-year undergraduate program, which may be outside of New England.
- Juniors and seniors are eligible, with favorable weighting given to those with advanced science/public health course work.
- Lab skill and interest in research is required for science majors.
Request information and the application instructions by:
- E-mailing Michael Duff at Michael.Duff@cancer.org
- Writing to:
American Cancer Society
Attn: Michael Duff
30 Speen Street
Framingham, MA 01701
- Apply directly at www.cancer.org. On the home page click on Employment then search for Fuller Fellowship
Minority students and students with American Cancer Society volunteer experience are encouraged to apply.
: The application deadline is January 22, 2014.
Applicants will be notified of selection or alternate status by late April.