Looking for an internship that promotes fitness, community and enjoying the outdoors?
Join our teams as a summer Race Management Intern and help develop, market and product 10 or more local road races to benefit the Alfond Youth Center.
Our Race Management Intern will assist with all aspects of producing trail runs in the Quarry Road Summer Race Series and the Doc and Mardie 5k Road Race and 1 Mile Youth Fun Run.
Our ideal candidate is passionate for running and wants to learn how to produce successful running events. Previous experience participating in and volunteering at running events is preferred.
What You Will Learn:
What We Require
- Promotion and marketing strategies to grow awareness and participation of races.
- How to develop and mark safe running courses.
- Race organization: registration/check-in, volunteer coordination, results & awards.
- Event setup & take down.
- Timing techniques.
- Sponsor development.
- Event budgeting.
- Social media marketing.
- Program flyer development.
- Website Development and maintenance.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
- Desire to learn race management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals. Our ultimate goal is to provide you with a diverse and quality experience that will give you the chance to utilize your skills and abilities in a real world setting.
All internship are unpaid and can be completed for credit or resume experience.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Heather Breznyak, HR Director
Alfond Youth Center