Are you looking for a unique internship opportunity? Do you want to be include being part of a fast growing, exciting, local event that benefits a great cause to your resume? If so, join the Boys and Girls Clubs & YMCA of Greater Waterville @ the Alfond Youth Center
team and help grow the Maine Pond Hockey Classic.
Founded in 2013 the Maine Pond Hockey Classic is a new, exciting, and growing event. This internship will focus on all aspects of Marketing the Maine Pond Hockey Classic including, but not limited to: social media, website content, print marketing, pictures & videos, email marketing, and event signage and merchandise. Additionally this internship provide you with the opportunity to learn the in’s and out’s of organizing and running a large scale athletic event.
Our ideal candidate is creative, attentive and thorough. Candidates should also be familiar with a variety of marketing mediums and/or ability to learn these skills quickly. Understanding and/or passion for ice hockey is desirable.
What You Will Learn:
What We Require
- To incorporate a variety of marketing strategies to grow awareness and participation of events.
- Development of sponsor resources.
- Event branding and marketing.
- The components to planning a large scale event.
- Plenty of additional opportunities in related projects.
- Background or major in Sports Management, Marketing, Communication or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites.
- Interest in event planning or program development.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals. Our ultimate goal is to provide you with a diverse and quality experience that will give you the chance to utilize your skills and abilities in a real world setting.
All internship are unpaid and can be completed for credit or resume experience.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Heather Breznyak, HR Director
Alfond Youth Center