The Boys and Girls Clubs & YMCA of Greater Waterville @ the Alfond Youth Center is seeking a
Youth Fitness & Wellness Intern.
Do you have a passion for fitness and nutrition? Do you want to help children get active and learn to make healthy choices? If so, consider joining our Fitness and Wellness team in the New Balance Youth Fitness Center.
By joining our team you will gain valuable experience working with our youth to help them live a healthier and more active lifestyle. You will work directly with our youth members on increasing physical fitness, nutrition education, self-esteem and body image. Specific program segments include the Running Club and Kid Power (Strength Training) programs.
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with youth and has a passion for health and wellness. Additionally, candidates need to role model these healthy behaviors to the youth.
What You Will Learn:
What We Require
- How to engage youth in an active setting.
- To incorporate technology into the learning environment.
- Behavioral management techniques.
- Fitness assessment methods and standards.
- Program marketing to increase program reach and benefits.
- Data collection and organization for grant reporting.
- Other opportunities to experience the other facets of working in a non-profit environment.
- Background or major in Health & Fitness, Physical Education, Community Wellness, Education other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Good time management skills.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with department leaders and other professionals. Our ultimate goal is to provide you with a diverse and quality experience that will give you the chance to utilize your skills and abilities in a real world setting.
All internship are unpaid and can be completed for credit or resume experience.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Heather Breznyak, HR Director
Alfond Youth Center