Casco Bay Sports is a comprehensive sports league and special event management company based in Portland, Maine. The company employs three full time employees that develop and implement coed sports leagues and create, plan, and execute multiple special events in Southern Maine, Vermont, & Nevada.
Casco Bay Sports is seeking a dependable, creative, and personable intern to assist with specific aspects of special event management focused on The Old Port Hoopla 3 v 3 Basketball Tournament: www.oldporthoopla.com
The intern will also assist with current basketball league management on a weekly basis.
1) Special Event Management – Old Port Hoopla (May, 2014 date TBA)
- Identify and reach out to potential sponsors with Dan Finnie, Event Manager
- Identify outlets to drive team registration including youth, high school, and an adult.
- Develop a volunteer management plan for the event: Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers for the tournament. Supervise volunteers on tournament day
- Work with local media outlets on promotion of the tournament
- Manage Facebook and Twitter accounts with the Event Manager
2) Sports League Assistance & Digital Media Execution
Assist league administrator with schedule making and updating of standings. Help with gymnasium set-up & breakdown, equipment delivery, and scorekeeping when applicable. Utilize & update Casco Bay Sports’ several media outlets including Blogs, Facebook Pages & Twitter accounts focusing on league action, registration information, and Old Port Hoopla event promotion.
Required Skill Sets
- 40 hours/week including office in Portland (Mon-Thurs)
- Availability at night and on Sundays for Sports League Assistance.
- Essential Full Weekend availability: Old Port Hoopla May, 2014 (date TBA)
- Personable, confident, and assertive with customer interaction
- Minimum of intermediate Microsoft Office, Adobe Software, & Web Based Language
- Well versed in social media outlets
- Ownership of laptop essential
Please submit resume & letter of interest to:
Dan Finnie, Program Manager
PO BOX 7581
Portland, ME 04112