The Maine Red Claws is a member of the National Basketball Association Development League, the official minor league of the NBA.
If your goal is a career in professional sports; marketing, administration, public relations or recreation, you have made the right decision to contact us. Interns will acquire practical knowledge through hands-on experience and gain invaluable skills necessary to compete for jobs in the sports industries when their program is completed.
Although each internship position with the Red Claws differs in its responsibilities, all positions will participate in various Marketing/Community activities. All interns will be asked to perform mascot appearances as needed and all interns that are with the Maine Red Claws during the season will be required to attend all home games.
The Red Claws regular season schedule is 24 games from late November through early April with the possible addition of preseason or postseason games.
Sales and Marketing Internship:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Distributing marketing collateral pieces throughout the marketplace
- Maintaining databases
- Assisting ticket operations with ticket packaging
- Coordinating group mailing campaigns
- Assisting with various game night promotions and other events, which may include assisting at ticket information tables
- May be required to assist with some appearances handing out flyers and assisting with player autograph sessions
- Attend public events and represent company including appearing at events as mascot.
- Junior or Senior in college
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Flexible schedule including game nights, some days and weekends, including non-game days
You must formally apply for the internship program(s) of your choice by submitting your resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and application. Application packet is available at Maine Red Claws Internship Packet
Maine Red Claws
Attn: Sandra Brackett
PO Box 15180
Portland, Maine 04112