Eliot Cutler's 2014 campaign for Governor of Maine is seeking Field Interns for Spring 2014 to join the campaign's field team to assist with grassroots organizing, volunteer capacity building, and direct voter contact throughout Maine.
The Field Intern will be responsible for implementing the campaign's field program in an
assigned geographic region and will report directly to their respective Regional Field Director.
Duties may include:
- Implementing all aspects of th e Cutler for Maine field program
- Collecting signatures to help put the candidate on the ballot
- Recruiting, training, and retaining volunteers
- Conducting outreach to and maintain relationships with local allies and partner groups
- Assisting with building campaign events
- Updating the campaign database
- Performing direct voter contact
- Other tasks, as assigned by the Field Director or Regional Field Director
Applicants must have strong interpersonal and written communication skills, be extremely organized, and should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Passion and strong work ethic are musts.
We are looking for someone to begin working on a part-time basis as soon as possible. This position offers the opportunity to work with a dynamic, energetic and hardworking team that encourages proactivity, critical thinking and creativity.
Through their work as a member of the field team, the Field Intern will have the chance to work directly with all departments and members of the campaign, from volunteers to senior managers, and learn the inner-workings of how a statewide campaign operation is run. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone interested in working in a fast-paced fun, environment, regardless of prior or long-term interest in political campaigns, while gaining real world experience and making a positive difference in the state.
To Apply, send you cover letter and resume to Brandon Maheu, Field Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
: Initial deadline is January 31st and thereafter applications will be
considered on a rolling basis.