First Light Home Care is seeking candidates for a Care Giver position. The Care Giver is a paraprofessional, specifically trained and competent to perform assigned functions of companion and personal care to the client within client’s residence.
- Provide non-medical assistance as identified by client, and/or included on client care plan.
Clients may include: senior citizens, new mothers, mothers-to-be, and clients with special needs. Sample care services may include any and/or all of:
- Companionship, shopping, meal preparation, light housekeeping, household services essential to home care – i.e. light cleaning, laundry, etc.
- Provision of assistance with personal hygiene, including shower, tub or bed baths, oral care, hair and skin care; use of toilet facilities, including bed pans
- Assistance with getting in and out of bed, excluding the use of mechanical lifting equipment unless trained and documented as competent.
- Assist clients with walking, including the use of walkers and wheelchairs, when applicable
- Assistance with self-administration of medications
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Prescribed exercises when the client and the Caregiver have been instructed by the appropriate health professional
- Ambulation and exercise assistance, including - range of motion (ROM) exercises after receipt of training
- Engage client in recreation activities, such as - play cards, sit and talk, read to client, watch television, take a leisurely walk, etc.
- Provides general client supervision to monitor overall physical and cognitive condition.
- Understands and adheres to established FirstLight Home Care policies and procedures.
- Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner as per First Light Home Care policy.
- Reports changes in the client's condition and needs to the appropriate supervisor.
- Attends in-service and continuing education programs as scheduled and necessary.
- Attends client care conferences as scheduled.
- Work schedule flexibility is required
- Have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
- Ability to carry out directions, read and write.
- Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
To apply, contact:
Peter J. Gartland, President
First Light Home Care