Fox23 in Portland, Maine has an exciting opportunity for a creative, goal oriented individual to join our team as a local sales assistant. You will work with us to ensure sales goals are reached, create proposals and maintain schedules. You need to multi-task and not be afraid of new and exciting challenges. Learn the media business from the best in the business.
- Assist salespeople and sales managers with day-to-day operations.
- Provide salespeople with updates and calendars from FOX as programming changes.
- Produce one-sheets with research or packages for clients (in Power Point, Word, etc).
- Cross train with traffic department to provide back-up when needed.
- Send out monthly cards via Send Out Cards for new businesses and client birthdays.
- Help with general office tasks - i.e. faxing reports, distributing Spots and Dots, etc.
AdConnections (TV sales software):
- Maintain programming and rates in AdConnections.
- Analyze program performance for book breakouts.
- Work on estimates and rationale of new shows in prime and syndication.
- Obtain Boston overnights from TeleRep research for new programming and Sports.
- Keep “Numbers” binder for each salesperson up to date with Premiere and Finale numbers, new show estimates, and Boston numbers for Sports and Prime.
- Run post buys, review for accuracy and adjust numbers with actuals when necessary and provide GRP breakdowns.
OSI (traffic system):
- Enter orders in traffic system for salespeople as requested.
- Provide sales managers with daily pacing reports and sales summary reports as requested.
- Provide clients with weekly as run spot reports as requested.
- Assist sales people with entering/creating makegoods as needed.
- Pull top 10 category reports monthly and provide to GSM
- Pick up tapes at other stations if needed.
Website (World Now for myfoxmaine.com):
- Point of contact with inventory and campaign management staff for all web ad insertion orders.
- Use “Web Media Tools” (separate product) to develop and implement sales contests with salespeople and promotions department.
- Pull monthly web stats and provide to GSM/LSM.
Simmons Market Research, Ad Mall (local survey research):
- Run market research reports for sales targets as requested.
- Provide salespeople with data and assist in preparation of presentations.
- Watch tapes and type audio/video into script template for clients as requested.
- Provide invoice analysis with detail of spots and totals, obtain notarization if necessary.
Send resume and cover letter with SMA2 in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
233 Oxford Street, Suite 35
Portland, ME 04101
We are an EOE and a minority owned company.