Girls on the Run - Maine (GOTR-ME) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Founded in 2012, GOTR-ME serves an average of 200-300 girls per season and is looking to continue to expand to more locations in Maine. More than just a running program, Girls on the Run uses a curriculum that addresses unique developmental stages for girls in grades 3rd-5th grade. The fun, innovative program combines training for a end of season 5k event with interactive lessons that encourage emotional, social, mental and physical development.
The Program Intern works with the GOTR-ME staff to support current and potential new sites and to assist with the planning of the Girls on the Run 5k on Sunday, June 8. The position is UNPAID but could potentially count towards college credits in health or education.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and assembling coach supply boxes and training manuals
- Assisting with supply inventory
- Data entry and reporting
- Assisting with sponsorship and annual fund mailings
- Assisting with SoleMates Fundraising Events & Community Events
- 5k event planning & day-of logistics
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Excel
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have a High School diploma
The Program Intern will work 10 hours a week at our office in Portland. Work hours are flexible. Some travel to local schools is necessary so transportation is required.
: January 27, 2014
: June 20, 2014
: please send a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Girls on the Run - Maine
980 Forest Ave, Suite 206
Portland, ME 04103