A Hancock Lumber Company marketing internship position will enable the student to apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations in a professional setting, working for a great team and family-owned business. The student will develop a strong understanding of the company's diverse products, services, and customers. Ultimately we will help the student gain the experience necessary to determine an appropriate marketing career while making a beneficial impact on the marketing and advertising activity of the company.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Research customers and markets, as well as develop a strong understanding of the company's products, services and customers.
2. Assist with database management to improve customer relationship and business development activity.
3. Research and coordinate with vendors for projects and estimates.
4. Develop a document to catalogue the Hancock Lumber and Home Again website content
5. Help coordinate special events as needed.
6. Participation in website analysis, search engine optimization and management of social media sites.
7. Develop detailed marketing plans, as requested.
8. Administration and implementation assistance as needed, as well as performing any other duties as needed or assigned by the Marketing Director.
1. Current college junior or senior pursuing a degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related industry.
1. Ideal candidate will be a strongly motivated, creative self-starter, with attention to detail.
2. Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Outgoing, highly analytical, energetic and flexible, able to work in a fast paced environment and maximize resources.
4. Willingness to work hard, dependable, efficient and timely.
5. Database skills are beneficial
6. Highly proficient with MS Office, specifically Excel.
REPETITIVE PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (Clerical category)
1. Lift 25# from floor to waist
2. Sit for long period of time with the ability to use computer and phone
3. Ability to walk up and down stairs
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
1. Driver's License
For more information, contact Erin Plummer, Marketing & Communications director at 207-627-2154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.