IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 5,000 people and offers products to customers in over 100 countries.
The Customer Support Consultant I provides phone support for veterinarians and other customers related to in-house pet and other animal health-care diagnostic instruments or laboratory services. Support may consist of answering customer questions, explaining products and services, instructing in use of equipment, coordinating and assisting with equipment installations, configuring computer system hardware or software, troubleshooting and repairing system, database or data communication issues, customer order entry and billing or other priorities. Determines customer needs, researches and provides solutions, coordinating with other team members as needed. Ensures ongoing customer satisfaction and continuing strong customer relationships. Supports quality management system and other compliance requirements. Performs other duties as assigned. Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides support for veterinarians and other customers related to in-house pet and other animal health-care diagnostic instruments. Resolves customer issues such as troubleshooting instruments installed at customer locations, solving computer networking issues and other questions. Processes customer sales orders and resolves billing questions. Maintains customer documentation and information on system.
- Acts as customer relations interface between customers and the reference laboratories. Answering customer questions and resolving issues, engaging other Company resources as appropriate, such as providing lab test results, coordinating follow-up tests on samples, clarifying test results, coordinating pick-up and delivery questions and other issues. Researches questions and ensures ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Receives, troubleshoots and resolves inbound customer and internally escalated calls relating to system hardware or software issues. Provides appropriate level of troubleshooting and advice for technical issues to technical and non-technical customers on networks including routers and other hardware related issues.
- Supports Customer Support phone representatives by researching questions, such as billing and other issues, performing data entry and other related responsibilities.
- Sales Operations – Reviews sales proposals from sales team to ensure technical accuracy of products and services specified, including adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Performs variety of database-related support work to ensure smooth customer experiences. Troubleshoots systems interfaces with customers in coordination with technology department, including ensuring databases are accurate and functioning properly. Verifies accuracy of product shipment codes. Performs quality testing of systems and databases for technology department, including testing various user scenarios to ensure systems operate as designed.
EDUCATION: Associates or 4 year degree in Science or Computer-related field as applicable preferred.
- Familiarity with customer service, technically-related fields, veterinary practices or lab experience preferred.
- Contact center experience preferred.
- Customer service ability required.
- Familiarity with networks CISCO, DELL, or Microsoft Certifications strongly preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluency in French.
- High quality customer facing inter-personal skills, with experience working with customers and maintaining good customer relationships.
- Technical record keeping management skills.
- Reasoning and analytical skills to resolve issues.
- Phone skills, with ability to establish rapport.
- Attention to detail.
- Organized with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to communicate complex technical issues to technical and non-technical users in a professional, positive, friendly and understandable manner.
- Personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use and demonstrate an understanding of the technology and use of Company and competitor products the group supports.
- Strong computer and technical skills, with aptitude to learn applicable software and hardware as needed.
- Good understanding of general statistical and analytical techniques.
- Experience with diagnosis and repair of servers, Full understanding of network connectivity and component functionality, staying up-to-date with current technology.
- Working knowledge of operating systems, Experience installing and troubleshooting systems, upgrades, modules and peripheral equipment.
- Able to successfully communicate complex hardware issues to technical and non-technical users.
- Research ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of Company products.
- Strong Company process knowledge, including sales process.
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Pager may be required based on skill and business need.
- Specific vision abilities required may include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate with customers and Employees via telephone and in person.
- Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Weekend hours and weekday overtime may be required as well as ability to work flexible work schedule may be required, based on business need.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: General office environment. Normal office noise level, with occasional moderate noise.
Apply online at idexx.com
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.