Juniperks is seeking students interested in a Campus Ambassador / Marketing Intern position.
- A free online social network whose members are committed to sustainability. We believe that changing the world starts with small steps, so we created a platform for people to issue and accept challenges that make the world a better place. Juniperks challenges have varying degrees of difficulty, but they’re always fun, always social, and they always have a positive impact on individuals, families, and communities.
- A space for nonprofits and companies dedicated to sustainability to promote their brands and services.
- Fun! An interactive online game that engages individuals and communities in real-world activities.
- The first web site solely dedicated to promoting sustainability through social media.
Juniperks is seeking committed, motivated Campus Ambassadors (Marketing Interns) with an interest in community-based marketing, online media, sustainability, and social good. We’re looking for smart people with excellent communication skills, a strong social media presence, creativity, and—most importantly—a sense of humor.
The ambassadors/interns are responsible for generating site content ideas, editing, and introducing their campus communities to Juniperks both on- and offline. Our guarantee: You won’t be sent to fetch lunch, make coffee, or run the copy machine.
Components and Responsibilities of the internship:
- Growing the membership by encouraging classmates to join the first social network built to promote sustainability.
- Writing new content for Juniperks’ Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and other accounts.
- Write and edit Juniperks site content
- Leading local public relations efforts.
- Online marketing through various web site and social media channels.
- Finding and cultivating social media contacts to spread the word about Juniperks.
- Assisting in the development of an SEO/SEM strategy.
- Interacting with Juniperks members and other interested parties.
- Researching and reporting on new social media trends and services.
- Passionate about sustainability and hip to all the latest trends in social media, social networking, on-site marketing, public relations, and branding strategy.
- Detail oriented, creative, and not afraid to take initiative.
- Ability to multitask, work independently, set priorities, and be responsible. We’ll give you plenty of guidance, but we’re not going to babysit you.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a (mostly) clean criminal background.
None. But if you grow the membership, make contributions to the site, and we like you, then you’ll likely get something more than just experience and school credit. This may be anything from swag to a token amount of stock in the company. Did you read about the guy who got a small piece of stock in exchange for painting some graffiti in Facebook’s offices? Seven years later, the dude made $200 million from it. Dare to dream…
This internship is part time, 5-10 hours per week, for a minimum of a semester. If you enjoy it and want to work more, that’s cool.
We are located in the Cambridge Innovation Center in the heart of Kendall Square. Most of this work can be done virtually with regular check-ins either in person, via Skype, or by tin cans tied together with string.