Local Thunder, a Portland-based online advertising company is looking for a Social Media Marketing & Research Coordinator to head up engaging and effective social campaigns in local markets.
The ideal candidate is a social marketing expert who actively uses Facebook, Twitter, and other Web 2.0 platforms. We are looking for someone who knows what is hot now and what is next. You should have a passion for exploring cutting edge social networking platforms and have a personal online brand utilizing the latest tools and techniques to stay connected to friends, family and colleagues while experience your unique interest and taste!
The internship will provide you with projects that can be documented for school credit. You will have the opportunity to work with top executives and creatives at Local Thunder. This is a fast paced company developing new products and markets all the time.
- Provide continuous research on new trends in social media
- Research new markets
- Support and protect brand by making sure that positive messaging is maintained in community and establish consistency of messages
- Work across departments to ensure proper messaging is being executed online and is relevant to organizational goals
- Manage online discussions by listening to users, reading between the lines, and responding in a timely manner to user’s needs and requests.
- Make recommendations for future development cycle features & functionalities based on feedback/research.
- Research backlink opportunities
- Research and Blog writing
- Marketing, Advertising or Communications Major
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using "social networking speak"
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Good analytical and networking skills
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Experience managing Facebook pages, Twitter accounts & other social media channels for small businesses
- Knowledge of a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel (Photoshop a plus)
Social Media Marketing Coordinator Responsibilities
- Create strategy/process for creating FB pages for individual merchants
- Monitor Individual Merchant FB Page Activity in markets
- Assist CS in FB Page activations when necessary
- Provide recommendations for new opportunities within FB Platform
- Research new trends/features/functionalities on FB Platform
- Follow any new developments in social media platforms
- Research any new developments in mobile marketing
- Provide social media support documentation for merchants w/ FB pages
- Provide research support for competitors in our space
- Provide recommendations for new features/functionalities for LT Platform
- Help manage online blog, adding new posts, pages, etc
To apply, contact:
Suzanne L.F. Gagnon
Office Manager/Executive Assistant
443 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101