Local Thunder is looking for a Marketing & Research Intern.
Do you want to know what it is like to work at a tech company? We have one of the hippest companies in Portland. We work hard, but have a relaxed office atmosphere, where people bring their dogs to work and every day is casual Friday. We love to have the fresh energy and ideas of interns to contribute to the awesome place we call Local Thunder.
On a more serious note, Local Thunder helps small businesses reach online customers through Online Community Platforms. We provide small businesses with an extensive digital toolset including SEO-optimized dynamic content, discounted deals and coupons, mobile and social media integration.
The ideal intern is adept at social media who actively uses Facebook, Twitter, and other Web 2.0 platforms. We are looking for someone who knows what is hot now and what is next. You should have a passion for exploring cutting edge social networking platforms and online brands that utilize the latest tools and techniques to stay connected to friends, family and colleagues!
The internship will provide you with projects that can be documented for school credit. You will have the opportunity to work with top executives and creatives at Local Thunder. This is a fast paced company developing new products and markets all the time.
- Develop and manage implementation of social media programs in local markets
- Maintain and update company social media strategy, including analytics reporting
- Provide continuous research on new trends in social media
- Research new markets
- Support and protect brand by making sure that positive messaging is maintained in
community and establish consistency of messages
- Work across departments to ensure proper messaging is being executed online and is
relevant to organizational goals
- Manage online discussions by listening to users, reading between the lines, and
responding in a timely manner to user’s needs and requests.
- Make recommendations for future development cycle features & functionalities based
- Assist CS in FB Page activations when necessary
- Provide recommendations for new opportunities within FB Platform
- Research new trends/features/functionalities on FB Platform
- Follow any new developments in social media platforms
- Research any new developments in mobile marketing
- Provide social media support documentation for merchants w/ FB pages
- Provide research support for competitors in our space
- Marketing, Advertising or Communications Major
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using
"social networking speak"
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information
- Good analytical and networking skills
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Experience managing Facebook pages, Twitter accounts & other social media channels
for small businesses
- Knowledge of a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Microsoft
Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel (Photoshop a plus)
To apply, contact:
Controller/Head of HR
443 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101