The Maine Red Claws is a member of the National Basketball Association Development League, the official minor league of the NBA.
If your goal is a career in professional sports; marketing, administration, public relations or
recreation, you have made the right decision to contact us. Interns will acquire practical knowledge through hands-on experience and gain invaluable skills necessary to compete for jobs in the sports industries when their program is completed.
Although each internship position with the Red Claws differs in its responsibilities, all positions will participate in various Marketing/Community activities. All interns will be asked to perform mascot appearances as needed and all interns that are with the Maine Red Claws during the season will be required to attend all home games.
The Red Claws regular season schedule is 24 games from late November through early April with the possible addition of preseason or postseason games.
Corporate Sponsorship Internship:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with sponsor prospecting, cold calling, and proposal development
- Assist with the overall organization and management of corporate partnership inventory list.
- Weekly updates - providing a internal check and balance system to make sure partner inventory is being fulfilled accordingly
- Adding new partnership inventory as acquired.
- Working closely with sponsorship and game day operations group personnel to build and structure game day activation plans
- Assist with sourcing and fulfilling partnership inventory element needs
- Assist sponsorship group personnel in sourcing vendors, quotes, and other specific element needs.
- Activating partnership elements during game day and pre/post season activations
- Assist with post season partnership recaps
- Assist ticket sales staff as needed with ticket orders over the phone and in-person
- Assist with general office duties as well as set up for special team events
- Attend public events and represent company (It is mandatory for all interns, regardless of department, to appear at events as mascot)
- 3rd or 4th year college student (junior or senior standing)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- GPA above 3.0
- Internship for school credit is preferred
- Flexible schedule including game nights, some days and weekends, including non-game days
This is a non-paid position
You must formally apply for the internship program(s) of your choice by submitting your resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and application. Application packet is available at Maine Red Claws Internship Packet
Maine Red Claws
c/o Sarah Cook
PO Box 15180
Portland, Maine 04112