The Maine Red Claws is a member of the National Basketball Association Development League, the official minor league of the NBA.
If your goal is a career in professional sports; marketing, administration, public relations or
recreation, you have made the right decision to contact us. Interns will acquire practical knowledge through hands-on experience and gain invaluable skills necessary to compete for jobs in the sports industries when their program is completed.
Although each internship position with the Red Claws differs in its responsibilities, all positions will participate in various Marketing/Community activities. All interns will be asked to perform mascot appearances as needed and all interns that are with the Maine Red Claws during the season will be required to attend all home games.
The Red Claws regular season schedule is 24 games from late November through early April with the possible addition of preseason or postseason games.
Corporate Sponsorship Internship
The corporate sponsorship intern will assist in the advancement and development of a
comprehensive corporate sponsorship strategy designed to build long-term, multifaceted,
collaborative partnerships with the local corporate community. These include marketing
sponsorships, branding opportunities and special events. This opportunity is intended to help an intern gain skills and experiences in the areas of organizing projects, communication skills,
sponsorship sales, account cultivation and tracking.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development of project-specific letters, solicitation packets, proposals
and fulfilment reports for annual partnerships and sponsorships
- Assist with the overall organization and management of corporate partnership inventory list.
- Weekly updates - providing a internal check and balance system to make sure partner inventory is being fulfilled accordingly
- Adding new partnership inventory as acquired.
- Working closely with sponsorship and game day operations group personnel to build and structure game day activation plans
- Assist with sourcing and fulfilling partnership inventory element needs
- Assist sponsorship group personnel in sourcing vendors, quotes, and other specific element needs.
- Activating partnership elements during game day and pre/post season activations
- Support the team by providing research briefs about the corporate community as it
relates to corporate giving, sponsorships, innovations and trends
- Assist with post season partnership recaps
- Assist ticket sales staff as needed with ticket orders over the phone and in-person
- Assist with general office duties as well as set up for special team events
- Attend public events to represent company including appearing at events as mascot.
- A motivated self-starter with the capacity to work independently while contributing
to team projects as appropriate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong sense of customer service
- Internship for school credit
- Flexible schedule including game nights, some days and weekends, including non-game days
You must formally apply for the internship program(s) of your choice by submitting your resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and application. Application packet is available at Maine Red Claws Internship Packet
Maine Red Claws
Attn: Sandra Brackett
PO Box 15180
Portland, Maine 04112