The mission of the Maine Red Claws internship program is to educate its participants in all aspects of operating a professional sports organization. Through observation and practical experience, interns learn how to function in a professional environment that requires a high energy level, the ability to perform under pressure and the utilization of essential time management skills. Through these developments, the Red Claws strive to successfully prepare their interns to compete for positions in the professional sports industry.
Corporate Sponsorship Internship:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with sponsor prospecting, cold calling, and proposal development
- Assist with the overall organization and management of corporate partnership inventory list.
- Weekly updates - providing a internal check and balance system to make sure partner inventory is being fulfilled accordingly
- Adding new partnership inventory as acquired.
- Working closely with sponsorship and game day operations group personnel to build and structure game day activation plans
- Assist with sourcing and fulfilling partnership inventory element needs
- Assist sponsorship group personnel in sourcing vendors, quotes, and other specific element needs.
- Activating partnership elements during game day and pre/post season activations
- Assist with post season partnership recaps
- Assist ticket sales staff as needed with ticket orders over the phone and in-person
- Assist with general office duties as well as set up for special team events
- Attend public events and represent company (It is mandatory for all interns, regardless of department, to appear at events as mascot)
- 3rd or 4th year college student (junior or senior standing)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- GPA above 3.0
- Internship for school credit is preferred
- Flexible schedule including game nights, some days and weekends, including non-game days
This is a non-paid position
For more information & application, please see the MAINE RED CLAWS INTERNSHIP PACKET
Send resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts & application to:
Maine Red Claws
c/o Christine Hultgren
PO Box 15180
Portland, Maine 04112