The Maine Red Claws is a member of the National Basketball Association Development League, the official minor league of the NBA.
If your goal is a career in professional sports; marketing, administration, public relations or recreation, you have made the right decision to contact us. Interns will acquire practical knowledge through hands-on experience and gain invaluable skills necessary to compete for jobs in the sports industries when their program is completed.
Although each internship position with the Red Claws differs in its responsibilities, all positions will participate in various Marketing/Community activities. All interns will be asked to perform mascot appearances as needed and all interns that are with the Maine Red Claws during the season will be required to attend all home games.
The Red Claws regular season schedule is 24 games from late November through early April with the possible addition of preseason or postseason games.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a clean and organized team store
- Assist in merchandise sales during games
- Report daily and weekly sales
- Create new marketing ideas for the team store
- Conduct inventory counts monthly
- Update online merchandise store as needed
- Fill and ship merchandise orders
- Attend public events and represent company (It is mandatory for all interns, regardless of department, to appear at events as mascot)
- 3rd or 4th year college student (junior or senior standing)
- Retail experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication, customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- GPA above 3.0
- Internship for school credit is preferred
- Flexible schedule including game nights, some days and weekends, including non-game days
This is a non-paid position
You must formally apply for the internship program(s) of your choice by submitting your resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and application. Application packet is available at Maine Red Claws Internship Packet
Maine Red Claws
c/o Sarah Cook
PO Box 15180
Portland, Maine 04112