The Maine Red Claws is a member of the National Basketball Association Development League, the official minor league of the NBA.
If your goal is a career in professional sports; marketing, administration, public relations or recreation, you have made the right decision to contact us. Interns will acquire practical knowledge through hands-on experience and gain invaluable skills necessary to compete for jobs in the sports industries when their program is completed.
Although each internship position with the Red Claws differs in its responsibilities, all positions will participate in various Marketing/Community activities. All interns will be asked to perform mascot appearances as needed and all interns that are with the Maine Red Claws during the season will be required to attend all home games.
The Red Claws regular season schedule is 24 games from late November through early April with the possible addition of preseason or postseason games.
Video Production / Graphic Design Internship:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Video/ Music Production
- Maintain and update team website
- Must have basic HTML skills and knowledge of photo editing software
- Consult with marketing staff on game-day scripts, video presentation, and placement of sponsor recognition ads and promotional events.
- Help with game-day video roll-ins, animation, highlight packages and other video pieces as well as in-game music and fan prompts for use during live events
- Effectively use live video production equipment, and stats integration in the event production
- Work with production crew and technical director to assist with video/music during live events on game days
- Assist dance team members and mascot with crowd entertainment by supplying music and audio fan sound and video prompts throughout the game
- Be available to sit in for on-site for meetings with advertisers, marketing group and facility staff.
- Attend public events and represent company including appearing at events as mascot.
- Junior or Senior in college
- Experience and/or education in video production and editing preferred
- Knowledge of software programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, Encore, and Aftereffects preferred
- Extensive understanding of the game of basketball
- Ability to think quickly, and be creative and flexible
- Must be available for each home game
- Flexible schedule including game nights, some days and weekends, including non-game days
You must formally apply for the internship program(s) of your choice by submitting your resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and application. Application packet is available at Maine Red Claws Internship Packet
Maine Red Claws
Attn: Sandra Brackett
PO Box 15180
Portland, Maine 04112