MCD Public Health, a division of Medical Care Development (MCD), Inc., is seeking a talented professional to serve as a Project Coordinator to provide assistance to the Maine CDC, Division of Public Health Systems (DPS).
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing a range of service, including managing operational budgets and expense tracking systems, analyzing and reconciling financial status reports, monitoring and tracking expenditures within the division, and managing systems in a manner compliant with state and federal statutes. The position will report to the Grants Manager and will work at the Key Bank Building with DPS staff in Augusta. This position requires a person with both a keen attention to detail and follow through. The Project Coordinator position is a full-time, 40 hour per week position that is eligible for MCD’s benefit package.
Among other job duties this position will work directly with the Grants Manager in the Division of Public Health Systems. The staff person will:
- Develop and maintain operational budgets and expense tracking systems for state and federally funded programs.
- Analyze and reconcile Financial Status Reports in conjunction to submission to the Department’s Service Center.
- Monitor and track, by account code all expenditures within the Division. The system used to do this must allow for distinguishing between funding sources as well as programmatic accountability, including the dedicated revenue within program areas and offices.
- Maintain financial management systems that are complaint with State and Federal statutes ensuring that all revenues and expenses are monitored / tracked by federal grant cycles and state fiscal years.
This position will interact with key internal and external stakeholders and therefore must possess excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Applicants applying for this position should have the following skills and knowledge:
- Experience developing and monitoring federal program budgets.
- Experience developing and monitoring Maine state budgets.
- Knowledge of financial tracking software.
- Experience analyzing and reconciling Federal Financial Status Reports.
- Knowledge of and experience with Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
This position prefers a Bachelor’s Degree and/or a combination of six (6) years of education, training, and experience in bookkeeping, finance and contract budgeting in the accounting field or related fields. Preference will be given to a master’s degree in accounting or a related field and experience with the State financial system Advantage is a plus. Competencies among successful candidates are expected to be consistent with those identified by the Public Health Foundation Council on Linkages as Level II.
Interested applicants must send a separate cover letter indicating the position you are applying for along with your salary requirements, a resume, and two writing samples plus contact information for three professional references.
Applications must be received by Friday, August 29, 2014
and are to be emailed to email@example.com
with “Project Coordinator – (Budget Management and Reporting Services)” in the subject line.
Or you may mail your application to:
Human Resources Manager
Medical Care Development, Inc.
11 Parkwood Drive
Augusta, Maine 04330.
No phone calls, please.
Medical Care Development is an Equal Opportunity Organization and Affirmative Action Employer.