The Milestone Foundation is seeking a Nurse Manager.
Nurse Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of Milestone’s Detoxification program; as well as delivering quality care to patients in a responsible and professional manner, while demonstrating effective use of nursing processes.
Qualifications Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN required, or actively pursuing. Masters Degree in Nursing or Nursing Administration highly preferred. Current State Nursing Licensure in the state of Maine. Minimum of three years Clinical Coordinator or manager level experience required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Understand the organizational structure of Milestone and the program and work within the policies and procedures
- Assist in admissions, transfers, and discharge of patients
- Make appropriate referrals to other agencies and persons for the health care of the patient
- Develop an appropriate health treatment plan with each patient
- Responsible for all aspects of the health care for the patient caseload
- Administer medication under a doctor’s order
- Observe the general health of patients
- Complete and maintain necessary records and reports in an accurate and confidential manner
- Insure all nursing shifts are covered and manage staff of RN’s and CNA’s
- Assist in achieving 90% occupancy rate for the detoxification program
- Respect patient confidentiality at all times
- Attend required training programs, staff meetings and Leadership Team meetings
- Willing and able to work as a team member
- Accept and perform other related duties as assigned.
: Mature, initiative, and good physical and emotional health. Punctual for scheduled shifts and appropriate use of sick/vacation time, able to work in harmonious relationship with staff, clients, and community, and represent the agency positively to community at large, able to perform duties in a conscientious, dependable, flexible, cooperative manner, neat and well groomed in appearance, able to accomplish the required amount of work per week/month, consistent in provision of quality work in terms of accuracy, thoroughness, absence of error, punctuality, willing to maintain in the field through reading, taking courses, workshops, seminars, etc., as appropriate, possess sensitivity toward others, a comfort in working with the substance abuser, and a desire to advocate and reach out on behalf of the substance abuser, able to make sound clinical decisions, and work effectively with a multi-interdisciplinary team, good written and oral skills, effective communication skills in order to relate to a wide range of people
Physical demands and work environment
: Freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office equipment, normal exposure to office environment, ability to lift up to 50lbs, may spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; physical activity requires walking, bending, standing and lifting.
Interested applicants please contact Stacy Duguay at firstname.lastname@example.org