The Old Orchard Beach Raging Tide of the Futures Collegiate Baseball League of New England (FCBL) is offering internship opportunities for the 2014 summer season (May-August).
The FCBL is a summer collegiate baseball league with eight teams located throughout New England. The league plays 54 games throughout the summer. The focus of the league is to provide an opportunity for college baseball players (with at least one year of NCAA baseball eligibility remaining and in good academic standing) with the opportunity to hone and showcase their talent. As important it is also to provide the community with a fun and affordable family event throughout the summer.
- Maximizing fan attendance and sponsorships are essential to the organization in providing funds to support a quality team and 27 high level baseball and entertainment events.
- Business, Political and Constituent awareness, involvement and trust are critical to the long term viability of the organization.
- Volunteerism is a very important part of the organization as there are many different functions and tasks to be performed both pre and in season. It would be virtually impossible to properly “run” the team without volunteer assistance.
The program will consist of various components and functions to be performed as needed based on timeframes, volume of work and importance. (e g as we get closer to live date on a planned event focus will shift from research to execution). Functions will include activities related to research, marketing, sales, media and public relations, event planning and execution, staffing, league interaction, social media, player/coach requirements and accommodations, community organization fund raising and more.
Interns will be exposed to all areas of the operation and will participate to varying degrees based on desired goals, skills and team need. The Internship program is Unpaid but we do accept compensation in the form of College Credit.
- Communication skills – ability to communicate ideas logically, factually and concisely (oral presentation skills not a necessity)
- Dedication – this job must be a high priority – deadlines are important and quality is a must, expectations will be high
- Creativity – we need visionaries as well as executors
- Some sports/baseball knowledge
- Effort – hours may matter to your internship fulfillment but I am only interested in productivity
- Passion/competitive spirit – the right people for this position will be those that can get caught up in the story line of this opportunity. You will not meet a more passionate group of individuals who are dedicated to making this franchise a success both on the field and for the community.
- Having fun – our enviable task is to put smiles on people’s faces and make them feel like they are part of something good. – a winner, our team, our community – how much more fun can that be?
If Interested please contact Taylor McCarthy at (207) 602-9115 or by email at email@example.com
to set up an interview.
for more info.