Pine State Trading Co., based in Gardiner, ME is seeking a Retail Sales Associate for the Southern Maine territory.
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for covering assigned chains in their geographical territory.
- Implement and maintain all chain programs.
- Responsible for maintaining corporate plan-o-grams and updating all product id tags.
- Update POS as needed.
- Communicate all issues to both the District Manager as well as the Chain Account Executive.
- Follow specifics on the Pine State Chain Service Person’s Accountability Sheet.
- Duties require in-depth knowledge of merchandising, business and accounting and retail operations equivalent to two to three years of college and two to three years of related merchandising experience.
- In-depth product knowledge is required as is working knowledge of retail store operations.
- Must have computer with high speed internet and must be knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
- Ability to work independently within established time tables and respond to changing project priorities.
- Must be computer literate to be able to communicate, research, read/understand computerized plano-grams.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks requiring a high level of organization, judgment and decision making ability is required.
- Must have excellent communicate skills (both written and oral) to be able to communicate to customers, co-workers and management.
- Ability to compile and maintain records related to merchandising activities and to prepare reports from such records.
- Must have and maintain a safe driving record.
- 2 - 4 years sales experience within the convenience store industry preferred.
- Travel and overnights may be included.
- Computer skills and home internet connectivity is required.
- Well versed in the utilization of technology to add an assist in merchandising & ordering.
- Be able to follow and interpret directions.
- Must be able to work well with store personnel and Pine State sales managers.
Pine State Trading Co. is New England’s leader in the marketing and distribution of beverage and convenience products. We are a family-owned company with over 900 employees who are each empowered to exceed your expectations.
For a detailed job description and more information, please contact:
Jeanne LaChance, Recruitment Specialist
Pine State Trading Co.
47 Market Street
Gardiner, ME 04345