The 2014 Portland Sea Dogs Associate Internship Program
The Associate Internship program is for highly motivated college students that have an interest in pursuing a career in the sports industry. The program is designed to give you your first experience in the sports industry with an emphasis on game day operations, ticket sales, and customer service. This is a part-time seasonal internship that would result in 10-30 hours per week.
Start Date: April 1, 2014 (Some availability for students who are in school and cannot start until May)
End Date: September 12, 2014 (flexible)
Compensation: $7.50/ per hour
Hours: 10-30 hours a week depending on game schedule
Reports to: Chris Cameron, Assistant General Manager & Director of Media Relations
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must currently be a college student (under classmen, upper classmen, and graduate students are all eligible).
- Must be able to available for at least 75% of the Sea Dogs home games.
- A desire to pursue a career in the sport management field.
- Strong customer service skills.
- A fun and outgoing personality with a strong work ethic.
- Preference is given to students who are able to start in April.
- Assist with game set-up and general office work (pre-game).
- Serve as a Hadlock Field usher during games.
- Assist with post-game duties (fireworks pick-up, tarp, handing out schedules, etc.).
- Work as a ticket sales representative assisting with incoming, outgoing, and walk-up ticket sales.
- Assist with promotions including fan photo duties and more.
- Distribute pocket schedules to the community
: Applications MUST be submitted through Teamwork Online
. A resume, cover letter, and three references will be required.
Mailed applications and Email applications will not be accepted.
: Applications will be reviewed and positions will be filled on a rolling basis. Therefore it is in the applicant’s best interest to apply early. No applications will be accepted after December 31, 2013