PowerPay is seeking a student enrolled in the Human Resources Program as a Human Resources Intern.
With general supervision, the Intern is responsible for maintaining personnel files general HR clerical related functions such as posting open positions both internally and externally and forwarding resumes received to the appropriate hiring manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides assistance to Training Coordinator to include sending Outlook invitations to participants, setting up training room, and researching learning sessions.
- Posts open positions and forwards resumes to hiring manager.
- Performs various general clerical functions as needed.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- College student in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- A strong customer service focus and meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to work independently, but with a team focus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Office environment.
- Must be able to speak audibly and intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must be able to manipulate a telephone handset, calculator, and computer keyboard.
- Must be able to see and read related documentation.
- Must be able to establish and maintain productive, positive and cooperative relationships with internal and external partners, etc.
- Must be able to pass background and credit checks.
Interacts with internal and external customers (i.e. all levels of employees and management, vendors and consultants).
This is a paid internship with a starting salary of $12.00 per hour.
To apply, forward your resume to:
Linda Cannon, Human Resources Manager