Prudential Disability Insurance is in the process of growing its Medical Resource Team by 30%! These RN Clinical Consultants will collaborate with Vocational and Claims Management Specialists with a goal to facilitate individuals return to a productive lifestyle. Our goal is to hire professionals with leadership and critical thinking skills who are interested in tapping into the sum total of their careers experience on a daily basis as an integral member of that return to work team.
Upon completion of training, the position offers the potential of a Work From Home arrangement.
The RN Consultant's duties include professional medical evaluation of illness & injury claims for return to work potential, assessment and/or identification of limitations, restrictions, and capacity based on physiological, psychological and social factors, to assist claim management staff in their claim handling activities.
- Applies clinical training and knowledge to form a whole person assessment of physical and mental capacity for disability cases.
- Provides case analysis, documenting rationale for opinions and recommended next steps.
- Provides claim management staff with medical insight and education to assist them in determining appropriate next claim management steps and/or potential for vocational rehabilitation services.
- Work with claims partners to determine when phone contact with claimants and/or their care providers is needed for either information gathering or clarification of information.
- Distill facts and answers questions in collaboration with fellow claims professionals.
- Supports Disability Claims Managers in appropriate claim direction to identify and facilitate next and pursuant steps for each individual claim files.
- Make Attending Physician contact as necessary.
- Primary method of contact is via telephone or written communication.
- Capable of discussing complex medical issues and documenting outcomes of discussion.
- Meets set standards for quality and volume of work performed.
- Annually sets goals with management related to personal and professional growth; subject to ongoing reassessment.
- Participates in projects and committees pursuant to developmental goals and business needs.
This is not a Utilization Review position.
Position can be located in Roseland, NJ / Scottsdale, AZ / or Portland, ME
- RN designation; Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Five or more years of relevant clinical experience preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to engage and function in a fast paced, team based, corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach, give and receive behavior related feedback with peers and business partners
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word
Apply online at jobs.prudential.com
Prudential and its affiliates, Newark, New Jersey are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.