Ryder is seeking a Rental Management Trainee for their Portland, Maine location.
This Rental Management Trainee will be responsible for acting as the front line sales agent for the rental of vehicles to the Company’s current lease and commercial rental accounts as well as potential commercial rental customers and consumer household needs. This requires the Management Trainee to work cross functionally across Sales, Marketing, Operations and Asset Management while utilizing excellent customer communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Relocation in the region/U.S. at the conclusion of the training program is required
- Advanced level skills in MS Word such as keyboard short cuts, merges, and working with tables, images, and text.
- Advanced level skills in MS Excel such as working with formulas, data tables, pivot Charts, queries, custom functions, data management and analysis.
- Ability to get both verbal and written communication across that has the desired effect.
- Characteristics include: Goal oriented, drive for results, assertive, deals well with ambiguity. High energy, self motivated, self directed person with the ability to focus on multiple projects and activities simultaneously and able to thrive in a fast paced team environment.
Responsibilities:Handle sales and sales process for inbound calls as well as outbound solicitation
Responsible for executing the business unit's marketing plan
Maintain current accurate data within the company's marketing database
Maximize rate opportunities within the market place
Responsible for generating rental, lease and used vehicle sales leads
Maintain and expand relationships with existing customer base
Ability to maximize operational effectiveness by coordinating overall inventory levels to meet customer demand
Meet overall Ryder market share by successfully executing the sales and marketing initiatives
Specifically the Rental Management Trainee will be held accountable for the following:
Sales and Marketing
Operations and Asset Management
- Responsible for overall profitability, operations and asset management of a rental location
- Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset management, Sales and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain compliance with company, local, state, federal and other regulatory agencies.
- Complete understanding of marketplace conditions in order to maximize utilization of the rental fleet
- Drive profitable revenue growth by maintaining and growing customer relationships
- Responsible for overall satisfaction for all internal and external customers
- Reconcile all customer concerns, issues, disputes in order to maintain the ongoing relationship
- Builds constructive and effective relationship with both internal and external customers
- Maintains composure when addressing stressful situations
- Clearly articulates Ryder's product and service offerings
Apply online at www.ryder.apply2jobs.com