The Alfond Center at Saint Joseph's College is seeking a Front Desk Supervisor Intern.
Duties & Responsibilities Associated with Position
- Monitor and enforce all policies and procedures of the Alfond Center and the College.
- Dress appropriately to present a professional image.
- Responsible for scheduling of facility assistants. (Must be completed by Tuesday at the latest for the following week. Desk attendants will e-mail you if there is a conflict with their schedule that they have made you aware of already. Otherwise, they will follow the normal process of finding their own coverage.)
- Perform various office duties including: answering phones, photocopying, faxing, deposits, assisting in verification of timesheets, making information flyers.
- Work varied shifts at the front desk to ensure quality customer service.
- Oversee the facility assistant positions by training, monitoring student performance, and answering questions.
- May assist with hiring processes.
- Keep front desk/facility clean and organized.
- May be asked to assist with special programs, events, and any other duties necessary for quality services.
- Consistently works collaboratively with co-workers within the department and throughout the campus.
- Reconciles daily cash receipts from pool, fitness programs, & Red Cross programs by counting monies, tracking pool passes and making deposits to Treasurers office.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and in-service training.
- Deposits for pool monies only (Red Cross Classes & Splash Parties given to Renee and Fitness Class monies given to Jenna) must be completed on Mondays (Tuesday if Monday is Holiday) and Thursdays or Fridays. We will need to work out a process during school breaks if intern is away.
- No shows-the procedure will remain the same. Security or the desk attendant (waiting for coverage) will contact Maureen & Renee after attempting to contact desk attendant. Maureen & Renee will likely contact Supervisor intern firstly. Must be available by phone.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and positive attitude.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have general office skills.
- Basic computer skills/general office skills.
- Strong supervisory and problem solving skills required.
- Must be extremely reliable and dependable.
- May be required to work early morning to late evening shifts
- Need strong oral, written, organizational, and people skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands with attention to detail.
- Supervisory experience, especially in hospitality industry preferred.
- Preference will be given to Business Administration, Exercise Science, or Sports Management majors.
- Valid CPR and First Aid certifications are required or must be willing to obtain these certifications as offered by Alfond Center.
Number of hours per week anticipated: Average of 5-10 hours per week. Students may not work more than 20 hours per week. $250 stipend per semester.
Time requirements: Shifts will vary and will be in 2-3 hour increments. Alfond Center hours of operation are the following hours:
Monday through Thursday – 6:30am – 8:00pm
Friday & Saturday – 8:00am – 8:00pm
Sunday – 12:00pm – 11:00pm
Students may need to work during holidays and break weeks. In case of inclement weather when classes are cancelled, you are expected to work unless the Alfond Center is closed – when the College is closed the Alfond Center is still open.
Apply: Send your resume to Renee Daigle, Assistant Director of the Alfond Center at firstname.lastname@example.org