The Sebago Lakes Region Chamber of Commerce (SLRCC) is looking for a qualified intern to join our team to assist with marketing/advertising initiatives.
Our primary focus is to promote the businesses of the Sebago Lakes Region. The SLRCC currently has approximately 275 member businesses. We are seeking a full time intern who can participate in various stages of face-to-face, print, and online marketing campaigns.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced professional team environment, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing. This internship will primarily involve work at our headquarters at 747 Roosevelt Trail in Windham, as well as time at our information booth location in Naples, Maine. The position will require Saturday hours from 9am to 12pm.
The applicant chosen for this internship will have his/her own work station and computer for the duration of position.
- Assist in the creation of social media / e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc.
- Assist with tourism related inquiries and information requests at our headquarters and our information booth in Naples, ME
- Assist with member business related inquiries and requests
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
- Assist with execution of Chamber special events
- Perform analysis and organization of membership data
- Collaborate to prepare marketing materials for Chamber members and prospective members
- Enter contact information into contact management systems
- Provide support to social media efforts
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
The Sebago Lakes Region of Commerce is seeking an undergraduate student in the Lakes Region area who is majoring in Sales, Marketing, Advertising or Business. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
The applicant needs to be willing to work Saturday hours to assist with tourism related questions and information inquiries from 9am – 12pm for the duration of the internship. Week day hours will be finalized once the applicant is selected – but will range from 25-30 hours per week consisting of work between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
Applicant will need their own reliable means of transportation.
Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Public Relations, Business
Please submit a cover letter of intent, a resume, and (2) written references to:
Sebago Lakes Region Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 1015
Windham, ME 04105