This will be the 23rd year that SJC students have ventured far and wide to serve with those in need.
Here are some facts about Spring Break Workfest that you may not know:
- Did you know that the Workfest program develops student leaders? Teams are led by select students who are responsible for the formation of their teams, organizing team fundraisers, completing required paperwork, supervising the safe transport to & from the work site, and assigning students to various tasks throughout the week.
- Some leaders earn credit through participation in an independent study focused on servant leadership.
- All participants receive preparation in the issues that face the community where they will serve, and an introduction to the spirituality of service.
- Our students often meet and serve with students from other colleges.
- Alumni frequently refer to Workfest as a highlight of their college experience,
- Several alumni have devoted a year of post-graduate volunteer service in non-profits doing work like they first experienced on Workfest.
- Participants frequently report that their faith becomes more real through this experience.
- The support of faculty & staff has been critical to making this happen!
If you're interested in donating to the auction, please contact Kathryn Cody at 207-893-7794 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you from this year’s team leaders:
Mary Rose Becker, Habitat for Humanity of Westchester Cty, NY
Ben Belanger & Hannah Lawrence, Christian Appalachian Project, Flat Gap, KY
Kristal Boston, Blessed Sarnelli Community, Philadelphia, PA
Erin Dodge & Krista Ethier-Whitmore, Glenmary Farms, Vanceburg, KY