Do you want real world exposure to all facets of Human Resource operations within a large organization? Do you want to make a difference working in a non-profit environment?
Spurwink Services is a nationally accredited, Portland based, non-profit organization that provides a broad range of mental health and educational services for children, adolescents, adults and families. Spurwink’s HR Department provides best in class support to over 900 employees working within our many programs.
We have an immediate opening for a summer intern to join our team. In this position, the intern will work under the direction of the HR Recruiter and assist with human resources functions including recruiting, benefits and general HR administrative support. The internship is for a period of 12-15 weeks.
- Support the recruitment process including job fairs, on-boarding paperwork and orientation.
- Assist in updating HR systems
- Assist in departmental compliance audits
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Junior/Senior in college working on a business degree, preferably HR related
- Significant HR coursework
- Top grades or a track record of success
- Passionate about HR and willingness to learn about our programs and services
- Eager to make a difference in the lives of our employees and clients
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
: This is an unpaid internship that will begins May and ends in August. Interns usually work 10-12 hours a week. The actual schedule is flexible, but will be determined once a candidate is selected.
To apply please submit your application using the link below.