Ready to jumpstart your career and a join a dynamic organization? Can you bring a fresh perspective to a forward-thinking Fortune 500 company? Come join Unum, the marketplace leader in disability-based products and return to work services.
Unum is a company of people serving people. At Unum, our employees truly make a difference, in the lives of our customers, our local communities and in the success of our company.
Unum has been the leading provider of disability insurance since 1975. In 2013, Unum Group earned over $10 billion in revenue, provided benefits for one third of Fortune 500 companies and continues to maintain $60 billion in assets. Unum is headquartered in Chattanooga, TN and has significant U.S. operations in Portland, ME, Columbia, SC, Worcester, MA and Glendale, CA. In addition, 35 field offices are located around major metropolitan cities across the country. Unum has international offices in Dorking, England and Carlow, Ireland. The company employs approximately 10,000 people worldwide. With a culture that rewards performance and promotes from within, Unum offers challenging career opportunities across multiple locations and various lines of business.
The Disability Benefit Specialist (DBS) are the key people in providing superior claim management to our customers for Short Term, Long Term and/or Individual Disability claims. We provide an intensive training program that has been recognized as the best in the industry. The Disability Benefit Specialists are technical experts with a proven ability to make accurate decisions in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We are seeking candidates with the potential to progress to management positions.
What we are looking for:
Highlights about our unique job opportunity
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Must possess strong organization and prioritization skills
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Effective research and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated negotiation and investigative skills
- Able to work independently and collaborate with the team
- PC Knowledge and application
- Must be able to quickly adapt to change and be flexible to business needs
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid customer service skills
- Leadership behaviors
- Four year college degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Financial services/banking experience is a plus
- Professional 10-12 week paid training program.
- Extensive on-site resources at your disposal (clinical, doctoral, financial, vocational) to assist you in the claim management process.
- Top Performers are rewarded.
- Professional accreditation is encouraged to stay current with industry trends.
- Challenging job where you can contribute as an individual & work as part of a team.
- Defined job family offering career growth.
- Ability to mentor others in a dynamic team setting.
Unum offers world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas. For more information and to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.unum.com/careers
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.