Woodard & Curran is seeking a Benefits Adminstration Specialist.
Woodard & Curran is a 700-person, integrated engineering, science, and operations company. Privately held and steadily growing, we serve public and private clients nationwide. We consistently rank among the top firms in the U.S., including Engineering News-Record's top 100 environmental firms and top 200 design firms. Woodard & Curran was founded with a simple business concept: if we provide an enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, we will attract talented people who thrive and excel at their work.
The Benefits Administration Specialist position serves as the assistant to the Compensation and Benefits Manager in a fast paced position. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate benefit processing including enrollments, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims and QMCSO’s.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefit and personnel files.
- Oversees updating of employee databases including salary changes.
- Prepares welcome package for new hires and supports Benefits Manager in arranging and conducting new hire benefit orientation.
- Notifies internal clients of employee status changes and terminations.
- Verifies the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and processes requests for payment.
- Resolves administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Prepares and forwards performance review forms to supervisor for completion; records, files, and follows up on return of completed forms; sets up new appraisal dates.
- Prepares monthly and weekly ad hoc reports
- Administers employee benefits programs such as medical, dental, FSA, STD, LTD and other related benefits and is the contact person for employee questions or problems.
- Perform HR administrative work in support of LOA, tuition assistance and training reimbursement programs and sign on/relocation bonuses.
- Support team transitioning company to new HRIS system.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years related benefits or employee benefit administration experience, or five years related experience.
- Highly proficient in MS office, Word, and Excel
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discrete manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required- ability to write and proof-read documents
- Ability to be flexible, punctual and provide support in a team environment.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, have initiative, be able to prioritize multiple tasks, and must be flexible
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to multiple systems
- Can-do attitude with excellent customer service skills critical to success
- Able to work well with employees at all levels.
Applicants may apply online at www.woodardcurran.com/hr or submit their resume via fax to 888-761-0944.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.