What is your Title IV Code?

The College's
Title IV code number is 002051.

Should I wait to hear if I am admitted to the College
before I apply for financial aid?

Not necessarily. It is important to
meet our priority deadline to be considered for all aid programs. You may submit
your documents even if you have not yet received word regarding admission.

When will I hear about financial aid?

We begin mailing new student awards at the beginning of March. Returning student awards
are not mailed until after spring grades and credits have been reviewed. We
usually begin to mail returning awards during the first or second week in June.

How long do I have to return my financial aid award letter?

We would like to have it returned as soon as you have made a decision. Your enrollment deposit is the actual confirmation to the College that you plan to attend. Returning the award letter and "accepting" the funds tells us that you will want your financial aid if you attend Saint Joseph's College. Please note that the deposit is refundable prior to May 1st.

How do I estimate my balance for tuition, fees and room and board?

We have provided an estimate for tuition & fees and room & board (if you have received an On Campus letter) in the paragraph that follows the types of aid you have been awarded. Your official bill will be sent by our Bursar.

How will I find a job on campus?

Jobs are listed on our website in September - the list is updated as positions are filled or are added. If you plan to work on campus, you will need to complete forms for the Human Resources Office. Student employees are required to participate in an orientation session. More details about this will be available in August.

How can I pay my balance after aid?

You will receive a billing statement from the College in June for the fall semester and in November for the spring semester. The bills are due in July and December. You may pay by semester or use our interest-free payment plan with Tuition Management Systems. Some families may prefer to borrow funds to cover all or part of the bill for the year. The Federal Parent Loan and Private Education Loans are the most common. We will also send you information about these options in May.

What if my circumstances have changed?

Please be sure to notify us if your family's income will be significantly less for the current year. Your aid is based on the previous year's financial information. You can request our Projected Income Form to report these changes. Be sure to attach documentation of the change, e.g., layoff notice, unemployment benefit check copy, etc. We will review your new information to see if you qualify for more aid.

Why is there a difference between my federal EFC and the amount I will have to pay?

The FAFSA EFC is used to determine your eligibility for federal and state funds, but it is not based on any particular school's cost or funding levels. Therefore, you may actually pay less than your EFC in some cases and more than your EFC in other cases.