Open Enrollment Checklist
Please be sure to use this Checklist as a reminder of all necessary steps you will need to complete, if applicable, by the deadlines listed below (all forms are located on our Benefits 2014 Open Enrollment page).
Open Enrollment forms are due to Heidi Jacques by 4:30 pm December 6, 2013.
- This year’s enrollment process will require you to complete the Saint Joseph's College Benefit Election Form. For every benefit that you add or change coverage, refer to the information below explaining additional carrier enrollment forms that may need to be completed. If you are not electing a benefit, please check the "waive" option on the enrollment form for that benefit. Forms can be found on the 2014 Open Enrollment website.
- Medical/Dental: If your election represents a change in coverage, please complete the SJC/CIGNA enrollment form and return it with your Benefit Election Form.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: You may choose to add or increase your supplemental life insurance in increments of $10,000 up to 7 times your salary (cap $500,000). This increase is subject to a successful review of your evidence of insurability. If you choose to make this kind of change download a Lincoln Evidence of Insurability form, and return it with your Benefit Election Form.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: If you choose to drop or decrease your supplemental life insurance download a Lincoln Group Insurance Change Form, and return it with your Benefit Election Form.
- Medical Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts (FSA): These are calendar year plans that allow you to take money out pre-tax and deposit it into one of these accounts for use to cover eligible medical expenses or eligible dependent care expenses. To establish a new account for the calendar year 2014, please complete the Salary Reduction Agreement (also included in your packet).
- Health Savings Account (HSA): This benefit is paired with the QHDP (qualified high deductible plan) and allows you to take money out pre-tax and deposit it into this account for use to cover eligible medical expenses. If you are electing this coverage new for 2014, visit the HSA section of the Health Spending Accounts web page and follow the link provided to complete the online enrollment where you will be able to create a new HSA account. For those renewing and new for 2014, please note your optional annual election on the space provided on the Benefit Election Form.
- Wellness Incentive Program: You and your spouse/LDA will need to complete (update) your Health Assessment. You will also need to complete by January 31, 2014 the Wellness Culture Audit. The link to the audit will be coming in an email soon.