Wellehan Library fosters academic success and personal growth by providing and facilitating use of library resources and services designed to meet the teaching, learning, and research needs of the College community in a manner consistent with its mission and core values.
To fulfill this mission, the Library
- provides free, open access to recorded knowledge, information, and creative expression for education and recreation.
- develops and maintains a balanced collection of physical materials and online resources to support and enrich the curricula.
- engages in cooperative relationships with other libraries to expand access to resources that fulfill scholarly research as well as personal needs.
- provides timely, comprehensive assistance using library resources and locating information.
- collaborates with faculty to facilitate students' development of information literacy skills.
- provides comprehensive patron services while ensuring the confidentiality of patron transactions.
- employs skilled, service-oriented staff members who affirm the mission of the Wellehan Library within the mission of the College.