To find books, first search MINERVA, the online catalog.
Type of Search
- Select the TITLE option if you know the title
- Use the AUTHOR option if you are looking for books by a particular author
- Remember: last name, then first -- steinbeck john
- Try the SUBJECT option if you are searching for books on a particular topic
- Remember: broad term first, then narrower -- history united states
- The KEYWORD search does just that: keyword search of Title, Author, Subject and Notes fields
- If you simply enter search terms, MINERVA automatically inserts AND between them
- To include a phrase in your search, put it in quotation marks - "united nations" war
MINERVA includes items from over 60 libraries across Maine. To only see SJC's items, scroll through the list and select St. Joseph's College. If you want to see all items, choose the first option - ALL MINERVA LOCATIONS.
If you do not find what you are looking for in MINERVA, try MaineCat, which includes the holdings of a number of other Maine libraries including those in the University of Maine System, Bates, Bowdoin, Colby, and the University of New England.
On-campus students, faculty and staff may check out SJC books at the library and request items from MINERVA and MaineCat libraries online using the library barcode on your SJC ID. Requested items typically arrive in 5-7 days. To request a book not found in either MINERVA or MaineCat, submit an Interlibrary Loan Book Request Form. Please be aware that book requested through Interlibrary Loan may take up to two weeks to fill.
Online students must request books (whether owned by Wellehan Library or not) by submitting Interlibrary Loan Book Request Forms. Books are sent through the mail; students are responsible for the return postage. Please be aware that book requests may take up to two weeks to fill.