- Any article not available in full text through one of the library's databases can be requested via interlibrary loan (ILL). Simply fill out a journal article request form for each article.
- If we have the article in our collection, we will scan it and send it to you electronically.
- If we do not own the article, we will request a copy from another library and will forward it to your email.
Any book owned by Wellehan Library can be sent to you by mail.
- Please check MINERVA, our online catalog, to see if we own the book that you need.
- If the box next to the Search button says All MINERVA Locations, please click on the down arrow next to the box and choose Saint Joseph's College from the pop-up list before proceeding.
- To request a book owned by Wellehan Library, please fill out a book request form.
- We will mail the book to you using a four-week checkout if you are in the U.S., and a six-week checkout if you are outside of the U.S. The book(s) will be shipped via USPS priority mail.
- You may renew the book by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (207) 893-7725.
If we don't have it...
Wellehan Library will borrow books from other libraries for distance education students and faculty.
- To request a book not owned by Wellehan Library, please fill out a book request
- Please allow one to two weeks to receive requested items.
- The loan period is determined by the lending library but is usually 2-3 weeks.
- ILL books must be renewed by contacting the ILL office 4-5 days prior to the due date.
- Keep in mind that not all libraries renew. Renewal and length of renewal are at the discretion of the lending library.
- Please submit a renewal request to the ILL Librarian at (207) 893-7725 or email@example.com 4-5 days prior to due date.
Most ILL materials are FREE.
- Occasionally a library will charge to supply a particular article or book. In that case, we will contact you and the request will not be fulfilled without your approval. Charges will be billed to your school account.
- Any book lost or damaged while in your possession will be charged to your school account for replacement costs. These costs range from $40 to $100.