I am happy to share with you the many steps that have happened with the Alumni Association in the past year. These items demonstrate that we have continued to improve on past traditions while creating new opportunities for alumni to reconnect and network with one another.
In 2013 we’ve:
- Held at least 14 Alumni Association- or Council-sponsored events, including the popular Ice Bar, a meet-and-greet with Boston-area alumni, the Golf Classic and more.
- Hosted Alumni Weekend with more than 350 participants – a new College record.
- Exceeded our fundraising goal of $12,500 for the Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship.
- Participated in an Admission Open House for prospective students, with alumni representing every major.
- Welcomed seven new Council members: Nichole (Long) Adams ’10, Cheryl Brewster ’00, Stephanie (Tutlis) Briggs ’98, Sam Butts ’05, Jenna Chase ’11, Ray Ruby ’05, Meloney (Simpson) Santeusanio ’09.
- Welcomed four new student representatives: Toby Lindsey, Brett O’Kelly ’16, Erica Russi ’14, Jessica Capozzi ’14.
In the next year we’re looking forward to:
- Launching a revised series of by-laws for the Council.
- The continued outreach and development of the Hall of Fame room in Harold Alfond Center.
- Reaching out to Boston-area alumni with the recently launched Boston Chapter of the Alumni Association, led by Ryan (RJ) Turner ’98.
- Hosting our annual Ice Bar on February 1, 2014, at Saint Joseph’s.
As a representative of the Alumni Council, I would like to thank you for all the support over the last couple of years. The great strides we have made could not have been accomplished without your commitment. As alumni, we have demonstrated a unique bond that exists among the generations of Saint Joseph’s graduates.
Todd Hamilton ’99, O.D.
Alumni Council Chair