Saint Joseph's College nurtures intellectual, spiritual, and social growth. While Campus Ministry focuses on spiritual growth, we recognize that we can't grow spiritually apart from other aspects of our being - or from each other! Students of all faiths are encouraged to attend to their own faith life and to join in community with others in a common quest for meaning. A variety of opportunities are offered throughout the year, including:
- New England Catholic College Retreat. Held every other year, the next retreat will be September 28-30, 2012, at the Toah Nipi Retreat Center in Rindge, New Hampshire. Sign up now in the Mercy Center!
- Maine College Retreats. Twice a year, students from SJC's Mercy Center and from the Newman Centers of the public and secular private colleges in Maine get together for an overnight or weekend to get away, meet new friends, hear outstanding speakers, and reflect - as well as to share table fellowship and have fun. The next retreat will be October 13-14 in the Newman Center at the University of Maine, Orono.
- Romero Center Urban Challenge. Over the Columbus Day weekend, October 5-9, 2012, the Urban Challenge experience combines volunteer service in Camden NJ and Philadelphia PA with theological reflection, prayer, listening to local speakers, and other activities, in conjunction with students from several northeastern colleges.
- Service Leadership Retreat. Held annually on campus, this retreat seeks to help seasoned student leaders grow in self-awareness as leaders, reflect on and develop leadership skills, and learn how to support the spiritual growth of others through reflection on service experiences. By invitation only - demonstrated campus leadership experience is a pre-requisite.
- CLC Retreat. April 5-6, 2013 at the oceanside villa, Saco. Contact Kathryn FMI.
For more information, contact: