Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
The major in sociology provides students with an understanding of human society, social relationships, and group behavior.
Students majoring in Sociology learn the field’s theoretical concepts, analytical skills, and research methods. Field experiences are an important feature of the major. The Bachelor of Arts in Sociology includes two semesters of foreign language study. Students majoring in sociology are also required to complete a 20-credit minor in another academic field.
At a Glance
- Prepares students for their careers through service learning opportunities.
- Full-year internship in senior year.
- Key academic tools necessary for graduate study.
- Dynamic, dedicated faculty experts in various fields.
- Students are challenged to read, critically think, write and articulate ideas and insights.
- One-on-one faculty mentoring is the norm.
Courses in the sociology major cover a wide range of topics, including: principles of sociology, methods of social research, statistical analysis, race and ethnic relations, development of sociological theory, and more.
A minor in sociology is available and requires 20 hours of course work.
Gender Studies Minor
A minor in gender studies is also available and requires 20 credit hours.
Social Justice Minor
A minor in social justice is available and requires 20 credit hours.
Social Service Profession
A minor in social service profession is available and requires 20 credit hours.