Bachelor of Arts in Writing and Publishing
Explore print and digital markets, get exposed to the various types of audiences and rhetorical goals, and hone your writing skills toward each. Prepare for your future as a writer or editor with Saint Joseph’s writing and publishing degree.
Whether for in-house publications, like reports and newsletters, or for the broader audiences of newspapers, magazines, websites and books, a key to success in publishing is an insightful study of genres and markets. As a writing and publishing major, you will be familiarized with the demands, complexities, and highlights of the writers’ world through classroom-based and off-campus investigation.
At a Glance
- Career-focused exposure to a wide range of writing genres, audiences, and markets.
- First-hand experience in identifying markets and submitting material for publication.
- Internships with prominent publications.
- Rigorous combination of writing, linguistics, and literature courses will develop practical, hands-on expertise.
- Actively publishing faculty experts.
The Bachelor of Arts in Writing and Publishing is your chance to get the most relevant and significant experience needed for a career in the ever-changing world of publishing. Courses emphasize the study of linguistics, and deepen students’ understanding of the English language’s ability to entertain, inform, and sway readers.