Granada is a modern city in southeastern Spain with a vibrant community of over 60,000 university students. It is a global crossroads, rich in history, culture, and ethnic and religious diversity. Situated at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, Granada boasts breathtaking natural beauty.
Saint Joseph’s offers programs for both campus and online students, ranging from one week to an entire semester.
Semester in Spain- For Campus Based Students
Spend three months studying in Granada, Spain and traveling to many other sights of interest in Spain. Immerse yourself in the Spanish culture and language and earn credit towards your degree!
Students live in student residence halls and attend SJC classes based at Immaculata University, taught by renowned faculty from Spain, Canada, and the U.S. These courses fulfill core requirements and/or electives. Students also have the choice to take an SJC online course or an independent study course with Sebago campus faculty.
Included in the semester
- Room and board
- Visit to the Alhambra and sites in and around Granada
- Hiking in the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range and enjoying the beach
- Excursions to Madrid, Avila, Cordoba, Seville, Toledo, and the Escorial
- Optional group excursions or individual travel, at student’s cost
To start the registration process, set up a meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 207-893-6636.
Granada Summer Internship
Spend five weeks in Granada, Spain working in the community, learning about Spanish culture and improving your Spanish language skills!
Every Friday and Saturday, visits to sites in and around Granada, such as the Alhambra, the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range, the beach, the International Dance Festival, the Corpus Christi Festival, and lots of Tapas!
- 3-credit International Internship Course
- Homestay Room and Board
- Flight and international health insurance
Personalized internship experiences, could include the following:
- Caritas, which provides direct relief and social justice to the poor, the suffering, the immigrants, and the homeless.
- Art Restoration Apprenticeship
- Business Development and Retail Service
- Library and archival work among priceless volumes
In Their Words
For more information, contact email@example.com or 207-893-6636.
Learn more about other Study Away Programs at SJC.
Online Summer Programs- For Online Based Students
IFES Summer School and Conference
In the summer, theology students have the opportunity to take classes at the Summer School and Conference of the Instituto de Filosophia Edith Stein(IFES) in Granada, Spain. This course ends in Granada on June 30th which allows students to stay in Granada to complete the onsite portion of TH 527 Special Topics: Catholic Culture and History in Spain giving student the opportunity to earn 6 graduate credits while studying in Spain.
TH 527 The Whole in the Fragment: Sacramental versus Contractual Logic Course runs June 23, 2019 to August 4, 2019 | Onsite in Granada, Spain, June 23– 30, 2019 | Graduate credit only | SJC Instructor: Mr. Michael Taylor
Students are also invited to present a paper at the conference. See http://institutoifes.es/index.php/en/noticias-en/ultimas-noticias/1865-international-summer-school-and-conference-2019for details.
- Students register separately with SJC and IFES. Travel to and from Granada not included.
- Saint Joseph’s College tuition – $400 | Registration opens March 1.
- Students must register themselves in the Summer School and Conference of the Instituto de Filosophia Edith Stein (IFES) (Blocks 1 & 2) by May 1, 2019. The cost for the IFES Summer School and Conference is 695 euros. Registration now open. Contact Eva Martínez García at firstname.lastname@example.org with any question about the IFES Conference.
TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: You may make travel arrangements once you have registered for the IFES Conference.