BS in Interdisciplinary Studies, Accounting Minor
The Accounting minor can provide you with a strong background which can fit with many career roles.
The Accounting minor can also assist you to develop practical skills in the field. In addition, this minor offers opportunities for you to prepare for the Master of Accountancy program (if you are interested), as the coursework includes most of the graduate program’s prerequisites as well as a fast track. Also, as part of the Bachelor of Science, Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS) program you can complement your minor with another area of study. The IDS program is similar to a General Studies program in that you can customize your learning experience, work toward your individual goals, and excel quickly toward your degree. Learn more about other approved minors in the program.
Our unique program can help you accelerate your degree and prepare you to become a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Once students successfully complete the undergraduate coursework prerequisites, they can fast track into our graduate program with waivers for up to two courses in the Master of Accountancy program.
At a Glance
- Prepares you to sit for the CPA exam
- Fast track option into the graduate Master of Accountancy program
- Courses blend content with professional experience, allowing for immediate application in the work setting.
- A generous credit-transfer policy is designed to award maximum credit for both traditional and non-traditional learning experience.
- Faculty with practical experience work one-on-one with you to ensure your success.
- Flexible online format that allows you to study at your own schedule, at your own pace and at your own location. No on-campus residency required.
SOME OF OUR FACULTY
Most jobs require at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field. Much faster-than-average employment growth will result from an increase in the number of businesses, changing financial laws and regulations, and greater scrutiny of company finances.