BS in Interdisciplinary Studies: Adult Education & Training Minor
Whether you are interested in training and workforce development, working with adult learners in unique settings, or simply enhancing your skills, this minor could benefit you in numerous ways.
The Adult Education and Training minor can enhance your understanding of the adult learner, as well as offer opportunities for you to practice your skills with the design, development, and evaluation of training programs. It will also increase your awareness of theories, new approaches, and best practices in adult learning. This minor also offers a fast track into the Master of Science in Education.
Also, as part of the Bachelor of Science, Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS) program you can complement your minor with another area of study. The IDS program is similar to a General Studies program in that you can customize your learning experience, work toward your individual goals, and excel quickly toward your degree. Learn more about other approved minors in the program.
Note: You can also earn an Associate of Science, IDS with a minor in Adult Education & Training
At a Glance
- Industry-specific curriculum prepares you for more responsible positions in a variety of occupations.
- Courses blend content with your professional experience, allowing for immediate application in your work setting.
- A generous credit-transfer policy is designed to award maximum credit for both traditional and non-traditional learning experience.
- Faculty with practical experience work one-on-one with you to ensure your success.
- Fast Track available for Master of Science in Education
- Flexible online format that allows you to study at your own schedule, at your own pace and at your own location. No on-campus residency required.
Bachelor degree students must complete 128 credits, and at least 25% must be completed through Saint Joseph’s College. As part of the IDS program, baccalaureate students will have an opportunity to study across disciplines. Students pursuing an associate’s degree in IDS will complete one approved minor. Students can also pursue the Adult Education & Training minor as part of the Associate of Science, Interdisciplinary Studies (AS AET, IDS) degree program.
SOME OF OUR FACULTY
Employment opportunities for those interested in a career in training and development is projected to grow 11 percent from 2012 to 2022. People in this field work in nearly every industry, planning and coordinating programs to increase the skills and knowledge of an organization’s employees.