BS in Interdisciplinary Studies: Marketing Minor
Whether students are pursuing a minor in marketing as a career goal, expanding new interests, or simply hoping to enhance their skills, this area of study can be an extremely beneficial choice in the Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS) program.
The courses, which are taught by faculty with extensive knowledge and experience, will offer opportunities for students to explore many different perspectives in the marketing field. In addition, while gaining a current understanding in today’s marketplace, a minor in marketing can help students bring great value to the organizations in which they work.
Also, as part of the Bachelor of Science, Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS) program you can complement your minor with another area of study. The IDS program is similar to a General Studies program in that you can customize your learning experience, work toward your individual goals, and excel quickly toward your degree. Learn more about other approved minors in the program.
At a Glance
- Industry-specific curriculum prepares you for more responsible positions in a variety of occupations.
- Courses blend content with your professional experience, allowing for immediate application in your work setting.
- A generous credit-transfer policy is designed to award maximum credit for both traditional and non-traditional learning experience.
- Faculty with practical experience work one-on-one with you to ensure your success.
- Flexible online format that allows you to study at your own schedule, at your own pace and at your own location. No on-campus residency required.
SOME OF OUR FACULTY
The Marketing minor offers excellent opportunities for students who are interested in expanding their understanding of marketing needs and strategies. Learning about advertising, marketing management, and approaches in social media are some examples of areas of emphasis in this minor. Students also gain an understanding of how to apply their knowledge in real world settings in career areas such as Sales & Promotion, Marketing Research, Purchasing & Procurement, Social Media Management, Entertainment Marketing, and many more.