Leadership Master of Business Administration
If you have at least two years of full-time professional employment experience and are looking to make a difference, SJC’s Leadership MBA is for you. This distinctive online program has been specifically designed for experienced professionals in any field who are ready to increase their capacity for leadership. Your studies will enhance your ability to be an effective manager of organizations and a respected leader of people.
Business management requires more than basic operational oversight and competency in the many facets of organizations. Successful leaders communicate with a high level of credibility and demonstrate effective strategic thinking through their actions. Our curriculum provides opportunities to develop skills in critical thinking, problem solving and strategic planning through deep exploration of the fundamentals of business, organizational dynamics, interpersonal relationships and the universal laws of systems. As a result, graduates will be well equipped for career advancement and for bringing their professional goals and aspirations into fruition.
At a Glance
- You will learn the essentials of effective leadership from our experienced faculty. Our dialogue-intensive method will engage you as a learner, while fostering the critical thinking skills needed for credibility in any endeavor.
- Tuition for the Leadership MBA online degree accommodates any budget. Saint Joseph’s College offers a quality education at a cost significantly lower than other institutions.
- Get your degree quickly; this MBA program requires nearly 20 fewer credit hours than other institutions’ programs. Scheduling strategies allow you to complete your degree in as little as 18 months.
- No matter when you decide to begin your path to career advancement, you’ll never have to wait. Applications are reviewed on a regular basis. Accepted students can start during any of the five, 10-week terms scheduled each year offered in January, March, May, July and October. Check out our course calendar to learn more.
- Exclusive for SJC Online Students – Leadership MBA Fast Track Option
- Accelerated program available for SJC undergraduate students in any program or major who meet the admission requirements.
- Online students in any program or major may apply to the Leadership MBA Fast-Track in consultation with their academic advisors, who may consult with the program director in which the student is currently active, and the program director of the LMBA program.
- Eligible students may enroll in designated graduate courses, taking one, two, or, three graduate courses in the prescribed sequence.
Applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree (business coursework is not required) with a cumulative grade point of 2.5 or better and a minimum of two years professional full-time work experience. A 750-word essay is required for application. The GMAT is not required.
NOTE: If you have a strong interest in the Leadership MBA program, but don’t have the requisite employment experience, please contact an admissions counselor.
The courses in this MBA Leadership program allow you to develop leadership skills at a variety of operational levels.
Courses are grouped into four levels. Each level must be completed before progressing to the next level. There is no thesis requirement for this MBA program. Current students can find a full schedule of what is offered. Students who elect to enroll in two courses per each of the five scheduled terms and successfully complete the coursework, may be able to complete their graduate degree in as little as 18 months.
Level 1: Leading Context-understanding the levels of the system-the individual, the organizational and the institutional.
MB500: Business/Organizational Dynamics
MB540: The Economy as a System
MB642: Systems Thinking
Level 2: Leading Relationships-influence is in the relationships one is able to develop at the intrapersonal, interpersonal, community and societal levels.
MB530: Ethical, Social & Environmental Responsibility
MB650: Cross-Cultural Leadership
Level 3: Leading Sustainability-sustainable competitive advantage requires sound decision-making, improvement of quality, and innovation.
MB505: Knowledge-Based Decision Making
MB560: Quality Leadership
MB641: Statistical Thinking
MB643: Leadership: Order & Change
Level 4: Leading Strategically-continued viability of the organization requires the insight and foresight that ensures the organization realizes an improved future in its strategies for success.
MB510: Financial Principles & Policy
MB550: Corporate Strategic Leadership
MB651: Strategic Leadership of Human Capital
MB660: Economics: Past, Present & Future
Keen competition is expected in management positions because the prestige and high compensation of these jobs attract a substantial number of applicants.
Top executives are among the highest paid workers; however, long hours, considerable travel, and intense pressure to succeed are common.
The exact nature of the responsibilities of top executives varies, but many possess not only considerable experience but an MBA degree as well. Leadership capabilities are paramount.
LEADERSHIP MBA TERM SCHEDULE
- Need to find out what class to take next? – View Term Schedule