At Saint Joseph's College, your support starts with a personal academic advisor.
What is an
Saint Joseph's College understands the challenges that adult students face. With that in mind, we have developed an effective and comprehensive way to support you—in the form of an academic advising team.
The academic advisor fills many necessary support roles for you.
- As a source of information. While you are responsible for your own education, advisors are available to answer questions and direct you to helpful resources. Advisors also inform you about course availability and content relating to your degree
and your educational goals, as well as administrative procedures.
- As a coach and mentor. Advisors help you develop realistic expectations for your program, and position you for success by offering personal and professional support. They help to minimize impediments to your progress and offer the most
appropriate solution if you face setbacks.
- As a motivator. Advisors sometimes nudge you to complete your course, unit, or program through proactive telephone and email communication. Advisors work with you to set and track your goals, directing you to support services as necessary
Your academic advisor helps you succeed by:
- Giving you sound guidance on course content, administrative policies and procedures, degree requirements, and individual program requirements
- Providing proactive support and motivation through telephone and email communication
- Being your coach and mentor, positioning you for success by offering you personal and professional support