Hybrid General Education Courses
UPDATE, March 20: Due to COVID-19, there will be no Hybrid Online-OnCampus Summer Session 2020.
These 6-week course is structured as 5 weeks online and 1 week onsite at Saint Joseph’s College in Standish, Maine. Courses are scheduled to enable students to take two courses onsite if desired.
Onsite July 13 – July 17, 2020
Classes are hybrids, running June 15th to July 26th, 2020 online, with one week onsite running July 13th to July 17th, 2020.
ID 309 – Special Topics: The Study and Practice of Justice: An Interdisciplinary Approach – Morning
Hybrid – 6 Week Course | Onsite July 13-17, 2020, 8-11am | Instructor: Dr. Dale Brooker
Course Description: Examines major philosophical, historical and theological perspectives on justice. Various issues are explored including social inequalities, environmental injustices, injustices within the criminal justice system and political justice. Careful consideration is given the Sisters of Mercy Critical Concerns and how they help shape and drive the conversations about justice. The role that people can play as informed advocates will be a central feature to the course. This course would be considered a Nature & Society Elective or a Philosophy Elective.
Summer Session Housing: July 13-17
Check in after 3pm on Sunday and check out before 10am on Saturday.
- Double $566 (shared with another student and includes student’s meals)
- Single Room $695 (no guest in room and includes student’s meals)
- Family in same room $875 (guests shares room with student and includes student’s meals only)
- Additional Room: $618 (room only)
Meal Plan: $257 (Full Meal plan including lobster roll and BBQ)
Guests a la carte:
- Breakfast: $11
- Lunch: $13
- Dinner: $15
- BBQ: $26
- Lobster Roll: $21
Transportation: $25 round trip (pick up at Portland International Airport, Greyhound Bus Station or Portland Transportation Center which houses both Amtrak and Concord bus lines)
- Pick up Sunday: 1:30pm, 4:30pm, 7:30pm, & 10:30 pm
- Drop off Friday: Leaves SJC at 12:30pm & 4:30pm
- Drop off Saturday: Leaves SJC at 4:00am, 7:00am, & 10:00am