Ostomy Management Specialist® Course - On Site July 16-20
Brought to you by the Wound Care Education Institute®
Each year thousands of individuals of all ages face life changing surgeries to correct gastrointestinal or urinary tract disorders. These individuals require trained professionals to help them successfully adapt to the unique concerns caused by these surgeries. An
Ostomy Management Specialist® (OMS) is trained to understand both the physiological and emotional challenges people with stomas face on a daily basis. This course will take you through the anatomy and physiology of the systems involved in fecal/urinary
diversions. The course includes hands-on workshops and online pre-course modules.
Ostomy Management Specialist Certification is available to LPNs, RNs, NP/APNs, OTs, PTAs, PTs, PAs, DPMs, DOs, MDs.
- $2597 includes exam fee for certification, lunch and breaks
- $350 for Room and Board (optional)- includes breakfast and dinner
- List key characteristics required for stomal and peristomal skin assessment
- Discuss the different types and indications of pouching systems and accessories used with stoma pouching systems
- Explain the steps of stoma siting procedure for optimal location on abdomen for a stoma
- Discuss emotions that a new ostomy patient is likely to experience before and after the creation of a stoma or a continent diversion
- Discuss the etiology, identification, and treatment, both conservative and surgical, if appropriate, of the 5 stomal complications
- And more
Learn about all the objectives.
- Online pre-course modules
- Onsite course training
- 36 continuing education contact hours upon completion
- WCEI® Ostomy Management course workbook
- Learning aides: glossary, sample questions and more
- Tools: a business tote bag, pen and highlighter
- Pre-exam certification review
- Exclusive access to resource materials
- Networking lunches
- Exam Application Fees (Please see
flyer for exam details and eligibility.)
Registration deadline is June 18.
Registration is a two-step process:
1. Complete application PDF. Please fill out application completely. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Submit completed application by mail, fax, or email.
Attn: Stephanie Briggs
Saint Joseph's College
278 Whites Bridge Rd.
Standish, ME 04084
Fax: (207) 893-7480 Attn: Stephanie Briggs
2. Click on the Register Button (coming soon) to pay online by credit card and/or reserve Room & Board.
Room and Board from Sunday Evening through Friday noon available for $350 include room and meals.
Payment must be received before your application will be reviewed.
About the Wound Care Education Institute
WCEI® is an educational center of excellence supporting thousands of healthcare professionals in all care settings. Education programs include comprehensive courses in skin and wound management, diabetic wound management and ostomy management. Continuing education programs
offered through webinars, seminars and the Wild On Wounds® national conference support the standards of care necessary for improved patient outcomes.
Complete Information about the Ostomy Management Certification Program